Hillbilly Zen – That’s me in the corner….

Having lost my “religion”, it’s time to focus on regaining my Zen.  I wish I had some big honking epiphany to share with you, but I don’t.  It feels as though I’ve been asleep, ala Rip Van Winkle, and just now am starting to wake up again.  So while I clear the cobwebs, here’s a quick update.

The battle with the tourist spot was won – farm management is now in new and much more capable hands.

My “old man”, Tuck, passed away.  I’ll write about it later, because even though my heart is still broken, he left this world on his own stubborn terms, and it’s a damn good story.  There are a couple of new additions of the canine and feline persuasion, and the three red-legged devil horses are fat and sassy.

Me, I’m just fat, but I can see sassy from where I’m standing.  Talk to you all soon.

15 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Shoefulofdrool
    Nov 24, 2014 @ 21:28:14

Glad to hear from you again!

2. m lewis redford
    Nov 25, 2014 @ 10:45:02

Good to hear you back – it’s funny: your previous post (April 2013) was the one that appeared in my reader, not this one; I’m sorry to hear of your loss, my love to you both

• hillbillyzen13
      Nov 25, 2014 @ 11:35:19

Thank you, M., for your thoughtful comment. It’s my fault the order of the posts was wonky. I’d made a couple of them “private” while job hunting, and forgot to change the dates when changing them back to “public”.

3. Humbled Pie
    Nov 25, 2014 @ 16:14:37

Here’s hoping that these holidays are full of pleasing memories as life moves on.

4. likeitiz
    Nov 25, 2014 @ 18:32:57

You’re live again! Good to know!

5. Curt Mekemson
    Dec 01, 2014 @ 11:18:40

Always good to keep an eye on sassy.🙂 –Curt

6. Russel Ray Photos
    Dec 01, 2014 @ 14:44:14

Nice to see you back after that very long break!

7. coastalcrone
    Dec 04, 2014 @ 16:54:21

Now I have your post’s dates sorted out! Glad you are back and will look forward to more posts. I am glad it worked out for the animals you were defending. Sorry for your loss.

8. fairytaleepidemic
    Dec 29, 2014 @ 00:50:23

I’m so sorry to hear about Tuck *huggles*. Lost two fur babies myself in the past month. And *high five* on winning that battle from April ♥

• hillbillyzen13
      Dec 29, 2014 @ 12:44:30

Thanks, chicklet *huggles backatcha* I’m sorry to hear two of yours crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Sucks, right? Thanks for the high five, too – the critters out there are soooo much better off now.

Have I mentioned how awesome it is to be in contact with you again, and how proud I am of you? Well…it is and I am. 😉

• fairytaleepidemic
        Jan 01, 2015 @ 01:31:34

Sucks big time! >_< LOL, well the feeling is mutual mama hen. ♥ Matthew and I kept asking each other if anyone had heard from you for awhile there. We were getting a bit worried and we missed you. Also, I just wanted to wish a you very blessed and happy new year. xo

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Contizental

500 words or less

the_tovarysh_connection

Gentle Reminders

On The Heath

where would-be writer works with words

Jnana's Red Barn

A Space for Work and Reflection

smilecalm

Life through mindful media

Just A Crazy Dreamer

Simply sharing my craziness & hoping its infectious enough to spread

All Romance Reads

Get Your Swoon On

Tipsy Lit

the publishing imprint of author ericka clay

Ericka Clay

poet and author

Ginger's Grocery

Come on in and browse. The biscuits were made fresh this morning, the Slush Puppie machine was just refilled with a new bottle of red syrup, and we have the biggest selection of bait this close to town.

Waggin' The Tale

Love Stories About Dogs

The Good, Bad and Ludicrous

Examining the Ordinary and Extraordinary

THE COASTAL CRONE

Tales, Trails & Connections to Almost Anything

the wind horse blog

horse tales, heart songs, healing

Apple Pie and Napalm

music lover, truth teller, homey philosophy

jhubner73

Midwestern groaning since 2011

Me and the Boss 2013

Motivation and life......lived and loved one day at a time.

Sufey

Inhale Joy, Exhale Gratitude

Automattic

Making the web a better place

All These Horrors and more

NOTES ON A DISINTEGRATING WORLD

Moments of Zen

A Student of Nature

1pointperspective

NOT just another WordPress.com site

Geo Sans

“right answer, wrong question”

Shoeful of Drool

Adventures of Louie and his friends

Likeitiz

Do come and chat with me about life's twists and turns. We will laugh, cry, question, commiserate, disagree, but in the end, we will become friends.

seapunk2

MUSINGS & AMUSINGS

rachelmankowitz

The Cricket Pages

dlightblog

non potete fare affidamento sui vostri occhi se la vostra immaginazione è fuori fuoco (mark twain)

Radical Totality

an experimental creative laboratory by Mark Snyder

mlewisredford

almost indefatigable and quietly militant naïveté ...

Chris Martin Writes

Sowing seeds for the Kingdom

Humbled Pie

Southern Livin' and Travelin', mostly photographed with some Home Cookin' and only slightly embellished Storytellin'

Wandering through Time and Place

Exploring the world with Curtis and Peggy Mekemson

Kristen Lamb's Blog

We Are Not Alone

The Daily Post

The Art and Craft of Blogging

Masako and Spam Musubi

Short Stories about World War II. One war. Two Countries. One Family

Army Of Awesome People

Named by Google as one of the sites on the internet

Janna Hill

Just living outloud and flinging cake against the wall...

Mythic Bios

Writing weird stories, strange articles, creative reviews, and learning along the way. Expect updates every Monday or Thursday.

lovinchelle

LIVING LIFE AND TAKING PICS ALONG THE WAY.

undeaddad

explorations of mindful fatherhood

bussokuseki

fatherhood, zen, and the buddha's footprints in an everyday life

%d bloggers like this: