Good Things Come In Threes – The Very Inspiring Blogger Award

In acceptance posts for previous award nominations, I’ve listed the reasons why I think these awards are good things for individual bloggers and the community in general.  This particular award blew my mind a little, though, because I was nominated for it almost simultaneously by three of my favorite bloggers.

Britt, at http://fairytaleepidemic.wordpress.com/, is smart, funny and unbelievably talented; a truly lovely young woman both inside and out.   Her poetry is some of the most honest it’s ever been my privilege to read, and she posts music videos that keep me from becoming a total Classic Rock dinosaur.  She’s “Chicklet” to my “Mama Hen”, and that’s a good thing, Martha.

Matthew, at http://matthewkirshenblatt.wordpress.com/ , is one of the sharpest young minds around, yet writes with the wisdom of an old soul.  His posts are often funny and always thought-provoking, and he’s just an all around good guy.  That he considers my blog award-worthy is an honor that I don’t take lightly.

My hillbilly buddy lovinchelle, at http://lovinchelle.wordpress.com/….well, what can I say.  If you’re really lucky or really blessed, depending on your theological view, you have a friend like him.  He’s a no drama, down to earth kind of guy with incredible talent.  He’s got a way of cutting through all the distracting nonsense and seeing the beauty of simplicity.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I think the world of all three of you, and I am truly grateful for your consideration.

Here’s how this works:

1) Display the award on your blog

2) Link back to the person who nominated you

3) State 7 things about yourself

4) Nominate 15 bloggers for this award

5) Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific post so that they get notified by pingback

As you can see, I slacked off on nominating 15 people.  It’s not that I don’t think the other bloggers I follow are inspiring, it’s just that I’ve nominated them for awards before, they were all good sports about it, and I don’t want to piss them off!  I still think these awards are a great way to discover new blogs, but although the procedures are fairly simple they can be time-consuming.  Whether they choose to participate or not, I urge you to click the links below; these are some excellent posts from excellent writers and photographers.

Ok, so here’s the part that always hangs me up – writing about myself.  Ask me to list seven things about my critters and it’s a snap.  Writing seven things about myself makes my brain itch.  But here we go:

I play the lottery pay into my retirement plan once a week.

I’m seriously considering going back to school so I can find a job that will finance  my farming habit.

My new favorite author is Nevada Barr.

I know I’m a child of the Universe and have a right to be here, but I have a real problem with accepting what I cannot change.  If I can’t change it, I aggravate the tar out of someone who can.

My favorite bumper sticker is “Hey, where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?”

When I was 17, I got busted for climbing a water tower.  I’d do it again in a heartbeat – the view was amazing.

I cook with wine a lot.  Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Whew!  Thanks again to Britt, Matthew, lovinchelle and all the other bloggers who inspire me.

16 Comments (+add yours?)

1. meandtheboss2013
    Mar 15, 2013 @ 08:30:35

Thanks for the nomination…I have a few others floating around that I have yet to respond to. SOON,,…I will get a round to it…..not a square or triangle to it…
    still trying to figure out seven things about myself and after five years of this I am still at a quandary about ping backs and all that techno jazz.
    Love, hugs and prayers…ME and the Boss

• hillbillyzen13
      Mar 15, 2013 @ 10:55:38

You’re more than welcome for the nomination. You’re the epitome of an inspiring blogger, techno jazz-savvy or otherwise. Love, hugs and prayers rightbackatcha.

2. likeitiz
    Mar 15, 2013 @ 10:21:59

Hello there. Congratulations on your award. Won’t the wine temper the angst over not being able to change things that matter? I can imagine you would be quite persuasive to those who are in a position to, though. Never heard of Nevada Barr. Thanks for the tip. Is she a who-done-it writer? Probably more! Love to see you’re back!

• hillbillyzen13
      Mar 15, 2013 @ 11:12:53

Thank you for the congrats and the welcome back🙂 Wine certainly helps, but it would take a Valium the size of a salt block to do much damage to my angst. As I get older, my tolerance for bullstuff seems to decrease exponentially. Nevada Barr is definitely worth checking out – she crafts some of the most intriguing characters, especially protagonist Anna Pigeon, a deeply damaged park ranger.

3. likeitiz
    Mar 15, 2013 @ 10:32:14

And thank you for the honor of this award! I’m doing my “Snoopy jig” in my kitchen after reading this!

4. fairytaleepidemic
    Mar 15, 2013 @ 21:11:24

But Classic Rock Dinosaurs, rock! ♥ I would draw a picture and post it here for you, but GE said that it’s not possible to post pictures in someone’s comments.😦

I can post them in my own if I do it from the dashboard but I’ll find a way! Or I’ll make up a post with drawing if that plan fails. Can’t keep writing poetry all the time, it hurts my brain ^_^

5. peacelovegreatcountrymusic
    Mar 18, 2013 @ 01:14:03

You write so well and I am so glad I found it. I picked your blog as one of my Versatile Blogger winners. Details are on my page. Keep up the great job! No rush, I know these are hard to do too close together.

• hillbillyzen13
      Mar 18, 2013 @ 04:37:26

Thank you so much for the kind comment and the nomination. I enjoy your blog very much; between you and fairytaleepidemic I’m actually listening to music that’s not 30 years old (or older…sigh)! I think I’m going to have to pinch a penny or two and buy the “Nashville” soundtrack. The song that Clare Bowen and Sam Palladio (I don’t know if David Rogers was actually playing the guitar) did in episode #113, “Casino”, almost made me cry. “See” you soon!

6. lovinchelle
    Mar 18, 2013 @ 16:25:15

You are such an inspiration and a great person that I’m better cause I know you here. You and your blog are amazing

7. Russel Ray Photos
    Mar 24, 2013 @ 21:22:35

Yeah! Yahoo! Yippee! & Congratulations! Now I’m off to click on your nominee links. Well, except for that Russel Ray Photos guy. He’s a real yo-yo……..lol……..Thanks!

• hillbillyzen13
      Mar 24, 2013 @ 23:38:21

~snicker~ Yeah, he’s a little ditzy sometimes, but the guy’s got a photography blog that’s out of this world. Plus he’s got a really cool cat who has final approval on his posts.

8. Trackback: 278 ~ Male Friends | Fairytale Epidemic